Hi readers, this is the first post in my new series Author’s Heart 2 Heart. Help me make welcome Elle Boon!
Business before Pleasure:
1. What inspired you to write your first book? I had been beta reading and critique partnering for several years. I told my author friends about the stories that swirled in my mind, and they told me I should write them down, so I did. Of course that first book will probably never see a publisher lol.
2. How much real life do you put into or influences your books? My characters have lots of “real” people in them. Some of the phrases or how my characters react are exactly how either I would or someone I know would talk or react in any given situation. Even though I write paranormal, I try to make my characters relatable. I want people to read my stories and imagine themselves as one or all of the characters. To me that’s the mark of a good story.
3. What is the hardest part of writing for you? Getting off Facebook lol. No, seriously it’s true, that place is like a time warp. I think “I’m just going to pop on and see what everyone is up to and BAM it’s 3-5 hours later. For me the writing has been easy so far. My stories have just flowed for me. I love my Ravens, and they seem to love to speak to me.
4. What are your current projects? I am currently over 2/3 done with book 3, tentatively titled Jaklyn’s Saviors and have a partial of book 4 tentatively titled Kira’s Loves. You’ll meet Jaklyn and Kira in Tamara’s book. They both obviously have two Ravens for mates, but that’s the only thing these two ladies have in common with the first two stories. In Jaklyn’s book, so far Cronus hasn’t shown up. There is a completely different bad guy, and he is a really badddd guy J All the Ravens show up in her book too, and I have some light hearted, hopefully funny parts that will make you laugh out loud parts, but this one is a wee bit darker.
5. How do you go about choosing the title for your book(s)? I wanted them to all be cohesive since they were part of a series, so I start them all with the heroine’s names. It’s getting a little more difficult so I’m gonna have to get creative I think.
6. What is your favorite genre to write? Paranormal for sure, because I get lots more creative license. Basically I get to make shit up hehehe.
7. Generally, how long does it take you to complete a book from idea to handing it over to your publisher? Approximately two months give or take a few days J
8. Do you ever use someone in your life as a sounding board for ideas or do you prefer to work alone? Oh, I most definitely use a couple of friends as my sounding board, and I thank them in each book.
9. Do your travel to research for your book(s)? I’ve used places that I’ve traveled to in my books, but I haven’t travelled strictly for the purpose of my books yet. I do have locations that I’ve never visited, so I do LOTS of research before I blissfully put that place in my story. Of course since some of my stories take place in Hell or Olympus I take liberty to make it look the way I think it does. God love make believe J
10. Did you learn anything while writing your book(s)? Hmm. I learned that I love to write. That I can totally tune out the world. That I SUCK at the proper use of commas, and that I don’t want to stop writing. I also learned that when an author says the characters are talking to them, they can mean that in different ways, or at least to me. I don’t have a character speaking to me, but I can see the scene happening and know how it should go. Weird, I know.
11. Have you ever had an idea for a book but never written it and what is it? I do have an idea for a book, I have a whole bunch of ideas that I’ve written little partials for. Someday I hope to maybe flesh them out, but right now I’m focusing on one series at a time. I don’t know how those authors that can work on more than one at a time can do it, but I can’t.
12. When writing, do you have a process? I actually write out the story idea first. Get my characters drawn out; what they look like, how tall they are, what their build is, what their hair color, eye color and such is. I figure out their favorite saying and who their parents and siblings are that sort of thing. Then as I go I will write notes like if that person calls their mom “mama” or their girlfriend “love” I make those notes in their profile. I know who the bad guy is, what the main conflict is and I always know there will be a “Happily Ever After”. Then I sit down once I know how I want the story to start, and start to write.
13. Do you have any advice for new authors looking to make their own literary statement? Be true to your own voice. Don’t let others change your story. And write every single day.
14. How many books have you written? Do you have a particular favorite? I have six books so far. The first will probably never see the light of day lol. Two that I plan to pitch to editors, two that are published at Siren and one that needs some work. I think my favorite is Selena’s Men because it was my first published story and actually my second book I wrote J
15. Why did you choose to use a publisher instead of self-publishing? Honestly I think self-pub is great for those who already have a name, or for those who are really organized. I am neither of those things. I love Siren. I buy so many books from Authors who are published with them it just seemed natural for me.
16. Where do your ideas come from? In my very vast brain lol J Seriously, I get ideas anywhere.
17. How many books do you currently have published? I currently only have two, but I’m hoping for several more by the end of the year “fingers, toes and everything in between crossed”.
18. Are you working on anything right now? Book 3 and Book 4 of my Ravens Of War series.
19. Do you have a favorite Hero or Heroine from any of your books and why? Zeus is my favorite because he’s awesome J and I made him different than what he’s been portrayed before.
20. Do you have anything you would like to say to your current readers or to those that haven’t yet read your work(s)? Thank you to all my reader (I hope there are more than a few) I can’t tell you how much I love and appreciate each and every one of you. If you haven’t checked out my first book Selena’s Men, I truly hope you do. It’s fast paced, full of lots of story but also a steamy read that I can guarantee you will want to read till the very end. My plan is to have these books available within a few months of each other, so you won’t have to wait six months or more to get the next installment. I love to hear from readers, and am on Facebook way to much hehehe. Send me a friend request so you can get updates and read bits of my upcoming books or just to chat.
More About You ~ The Fun and the Naughty
1. Share one this about yourself that would surprise people who know you. I’m so disgustingly organized all my family members have their own color of hangers and their closets are color coordinated.
2. Doggy style, cow girl or missionary? All the above and a few more. Hey sex is great, it makes the world go round *WEG*
3. What secret sinful pleasure do you keep hidden in your cupboards? Lube J I believe this should be a staple in everyone’s cabinet I can even give a couple good choices other than KY. Never and I mean NEVER use VASELINE people. Astroglide or Durex J
4. Are you a wine or beer kinda gal? “Sigh” before migraines I was a cheap drunk. I loved my Bud Light. I’m from the South. Give me a cooler with some ice cold beer, a truck pull on a Friday night and I’m a cheap date. Sadly, since migraines I’ve had to grow a more sensitive palate and now it’s wine lol. Or I can drink the hard stuff like Tequila, or FrooFroo drinks J
5. If you could go anywhere at all on your next vacation where would you go? Colorado, Hawaii, or New York. I’ve never been to any of those places and I want to. See, cheap gal here.
6. If you could choose any hot famous guy to take with you who would it be and why? Eeek, just one? I would have to say The Rock. He’s just so damn gorgeous and BIG I just love him. And his smile “sigh” yep he gets to me every time. J
7. Thong, Bikinis, Granny Panties, or Boy shorts? Depending on the occasion and time of day. Most of the time I’m a seamless lowrise hip hugger panty girl. But there are some outfits that you can only wear a thong. NEVER is there an occasion for Granny panties. I’m not a Boy short girl or Bikini wearer either. I have also gone commando when the outfit warranted it J
8. Tall, Dark and Deadly or Smart and Sexy or Athletic and Funny? A mix of all of them. Hey, this is my fantasy man I want them all.
9. Significant other or Tearing up the town free and clear? Significant other for sure. I like the happily ever after.
10. Favorite social network and why? Facebook because it’s instant gratification. Oh, did that sound dirty? Lol.
11. When you were little, did you ever think you’d be a published author? What was your “dream” job as a child? I actually did want to be a writer as a child. I used to write fan fiction, only I didn’t know that is what it was called back in the 70’s and 80’s lol. Of course then I became a mom and chose accounting as my college education lol. That was more to pay the bills, and because I loved numbers. “WEIRD”
12. What was the worst job you ever had while working towards being a published author? I didn’t have a job other than stay at home mom, head homeroom mom, and wife, while I worked towards my dream of becoming a published author. But, while I was working my way through college I worked at the fuel desk of a truck stop. Holy sheot, let me say I saw a lot of “cough” interesting stuff there. So when I say I cuss like a truck who met a sailor and then had a child, me being that child? Yeah, I totally know what I’m talking about lol. I can filter my F-bombs while typing, but they flow out like hello and goodbye when I’m hanging with friends hehehe.
About Your Latest Release
Introduce us to the Main Characters: TamaraMejia is a tall Spanish/Cajun beauty. She’s best friends to the heroine in Selena’s Men. She’s 27 and has the ability “see” bits of the future. Rafe and Vin are both Ravens, Zeus’s elite warriors.
How do these two meet? They all meet in book one Selena’s Men. Their book begins at the wedding where the trio meet face to face. The Ravens know who their Fated is when they see them by an aura, but Tamara is human and fights it.
How would you characterize their relationship from start, middle and end? Tumultuous, Heated, Loving.
What three words would you use to describe this story? Erotic, Fantastic, Suspenseful.
Rafe and Vin, had been best friends for thousands of years. They were part of an elite group called the Ravens of War, and were made up of twelve men created by Zeus. When they were no longer needed on Olympus, they’d been sent to Earth to find happiness, and hopefully their Fated.
For Tamara she’d given up finding that one man meant just for her, having the ability to see the future ran in her family. So when she saw her own death, she set out to enjoy what she had left. That didn’t include two larger than life men who claimed she was their one.
Cronus pulled Tamara to Hell, and planned to use her as leverage to get his granddaughter, Selena, whose Tamara’s best friend to bargain for her life.
Rafe, Vin and all the Ravens need the help of the gods and goddesses from Olympus to save not only Tamara, but Earth itself.
If this was how she was going to die, Tamara was okay with it. In fact, she was ready to sign the papers right then and there.
The feel of a hot, hard body covering her again, and something much larger than fingers or a tongue between her thighs, brought her eyes flying open to see Rafe poised above her. He had that monster he’d assured her would fit, in his right hand, but it was the anxiety in his eyes that gave her the courage to raise her arms and welcome him into her body.
“I’ll go slowly,” he promised.
She nodded. The head was flushed a deep purple, and as he slipped between her thighs she fell back and closed her eyes.
“Hey. Look at me.” Vin turned her face to him. His hand went between her and Rafe.
She was sure she couldn’t come again, that her clit was too sensitive to be touched, but Vin’s fingers proved her wrong.
Rafe entered her an inch at a time. So slowly, she swore it would take him forever before he was fully seated. With Vin playing with her clit, and sucking on her breasts, she didn’t feel any pain, only a slight burn that turned to complete bliss. She wanted to have him fill her completely. Her hips lifted and pressed forward to get his thick shaft deeper, until every inch of him was in her. Finally, when his groin was flush with hers, she stared up into his dark-as-night eyes and realized she wanted to spend forever with these two amazing men. She turned to see Vin was propped up on his elbow staring at them. She reached out to pull him into a deep kiss, wanting him to be connected to her too. She cursed the fates, for allowing her to come to the realization that she was completely and totally in love with not one, but two men, only to take it all away so soon.
With a groan, Rafe started thrusting, going deep and then pulling out. She loved the sound of their flesh slapping, loved the feel of his balls hitting her rear on every downward stroke. Gods, but she actually enjoyed having Vin’s finger there too.
Tamara was lost to everything, except the sensation of lips and tongue, and being filled and loved by two men. Time didn’t matter, her world narrowed down to being with Rafe and Vin, to how it felt to finally know what love was.
Each time Rafe withdrew she whimpered, and then gasped as he pushed back inside. His thrusts sped up. Her body became attuned to his, taking everything he offered and wanting more. She closed her eyes, feeling the tug of Vin’s mouth on her breasts, sending an echo to her clit. The orgasm she was sure she’d not reach again was close.
“Come for me, omorfia mou,” Rafe whispered. And just like that the tingle started in her toes, and worked its way up.
“Yes, god…yes,” she screamed.
Vin released her nipple with a pop.
Rafe continued to thrust his hips, his hands holding her thighs wide until he too groaned out his own satisfaction. He bent and kissed Tamara long and hard. “S’agapo,” he murmured.
As Rafe rolled to the side of the bed Vin wasted no time. She expected him to be a gentle lover, but wasn’t surprised to find he was every bit as large as Rafe, and a bit impatient.
“Good, god almighty. Seriously?” Tamara wasn’t sure how he or Rafe packed all that into their jeans.
“We are size appropriate, love.” Vin winked.
She raised her hands and held them apart. “That is size appropriate.”
Vin stuck his bottom lip out. “Can we discuss this later?”
Tamara laughed. He was just too darn cute.
He dropped down on top of her and rolled. She was still laughing when he sat her astride him. “Do you know how to ride, darling?”
“I think I can figure it out.” She placed her hands on his muscular chest. Neither he nor Rafe had any hair on their chests, but both had a happy trail leading to their groins.
She worried first one, then the other flat male nipple with her tongue, then nipped it with her teeth.
He gripped her hips with his large hands, and while she was rubbing back and forth, teasing them both, he plunged inside her in one swift push.
“Fuck, yes,” he groaned.
“Oh, Vin…” Tamara tossed her head back. He stretched her, gave her no respite. His hands lifted her and brought her back down. He set up a punishing rhythm. And she relished it, sliding down his cock as if he was big enough to split her in two. Only he and Rafe were right. They were made for her, and she was made for them.
Vin groaned, the sound so carnal she knew he was close. His head was tipped back, the cords of muscles in his neck stood out. She had an urge to lean forward and bite him. A hand at her back, pressing her forward, settled the internal debate.
A finger rubbed against her ass, but the pounding of Vin in her pussy and the constant friction against her clit, had her close to coming again.
I hope you had fun getting to know more about Elle. Now go grab a copy of her book here:
Buy Links: http://www.bookstrand.com/two-for-tamara