When you read for fun you expect to be entertained by your reading material. You want to laugh, you want to be shocked, you want to feel excited. But in the midst of all that, it is possible to learn something you never knew you didn’t know and often times that something is about yourself! So here are a few things I learned, general and otherwise, from reading an erotic novel.
1. You never know what you like until you try it.
2. Most things we consider to be taboo are secretly intriguing to us.
3. Nothing is truly taboo with the right person.
4. Your mind is way more open that you initially thought it was.
5. Some things get way better with time and practice.
6. Chemistry is the difference between good sex and fantastic sex.
7. Kinky is not a bad word.
Have you learnt anything from a book lately? Tell me about it, I’d love to hear your thoughts. And if you’re looking for some learning inspiration go cop my book, Playing for Keeps, over at Bookstrand.com